Tuesday 19 November 2013

Correspondence to date

Thursday, November 14

Up until this point I have had two refusals from publishers of children's books, apologising that they were such small teams that they don't take work placements due to time and lack of staff. I did email Katie Fforde, an award-winning novelist who I know through my professional role as a journalist, and she kindly asked her contacts and has given me one to follow up - children's book writer and story teller John Dougherty. In the meantime, I have now secured some time with illustrator Rachel Oldfield and have spoken informally with the Museum in the Park's education officer and manager about the possibility of carrying out a mini artist in residency whereby I draw objects within the collection and write and illustrate a short children's story with my findings. I will write a professional proposal detailing my ideas once I get an official reply in writing. Rachel has suggested that Barefoot Books, which publishes her books and now has a new office in Oxford, may be worth writing to, so I will follow that up, once I have interviewed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment